1. Visa application form (duly completed, dated and signed) (Download the application form in fillable PDF-Format here)
2. Valid Passport (valid for at least six (6) months from the date of entering Tanzania).
3. One (1) photograph. (back, white or coloured)
4. Depending on the purpose of your visit:
Provide photocopies of hotel booking, airline ticket, booking from a tour operator in case participating in a tourist trail.
- Business /Mission:
Provide a detailed invitation letter from your host in Tanzania indicating travel dates, support, address and full contacts of the host including telephone number in Tanzania.
- Visiting friends / private:
Copy of an invitation letter of your host indicating full contacts. In case the inviting person is non Tanzanian, a copy of the resident permit is required.
5. Fee: 50 Euros (single entry, valid of 3 months starting from the date of issue). The fee must be paid in cash or money order to the order of the Embassy of Tanzania.
6. If applying through mail: Please send a registered self-addressed stamped envelope.
7. Processing Time: Three (3) working days.
- Yellow fever vaccination needed for Zanzibar.
- A treatment for malaria is recommended.
Opening hours : 10:00 – 13:00 HRS / Monday to Friday.
NB: REFERRAL VISA
This is a Visa granted to nationals of the countries** which require a special clearance and approval from the Principal Commissioner of Immigration Services prior to the issuance of Visa. (The processing of the application may take several weeks).
** Afghanistan, Abkhazia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mali, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Palestine State, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Somali land, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Refugees, Stateless