1. Visa application form (duly completed, dated and signed) ( Download the application form in fillable PDF-Format here)
2. Valid Passport (valid for at least six (6) months from the date of entering Tanzania).
3. One (1) photograph. (back, white or coloured)
The characteristics of photography
The photo must be recent (taken in the last 6 months) and reflecting your current appearance
The photograph can be done by a professional or in a photo booth
a) Color: In color
b) Format: The photo should measure 35mm wide and 45mm high
c) Orientation of the head, gaze, expression and eyes
d) Quality of the photo: The photo must be clean, without crease or trace.
e) Background: The background behind you in the photo must be clean and must be light in color (white, off-white, light gray).
f) Glasses and frames: The frame must not obscure the eyes.
4. Depending on the purpose of your visit:
Provide photocopies of hotel booking, airline ticket, booking from a tour operator in case participating in a tourist trail.
- Business /Mission:
Provide a detailed invitation letter from your host in Tanzania indicating travel dates, support, address and full contacts of the host including telephone number in Tanzania.
- Visiting friends / private:
Copy of an invitation letter of your host indicating full contacts. In case the inviting person is non Tanzanian, a copy of the resident permit is required.
- 30 Euros – Transit Visa
- 50 Euros – Ordinary Visa (Single entry, valid of 3 months starting from the date of issue).
- 250 Euros - Business Visa (Issued for one entry only and valid for 3 months)
- 100 Euros – Multiple Entry (valid for one year)
The visa fee must be paid in cash, by credit card or bank transfer to the order of the Embassy of Tanzania.
Account name AMB. TANZANIE Name & address of bank MONTE PASCHI BANQUE
13/15 Bld de la Madeleine -75001 PARIS
Branch Code 30478 Sort Code 00001 Account number 080000881003 RIB Key 55 International Bank Account Number (IBAN) FR76 3047 8000 0108 0008 8100 355 Bank Identifier Code (BIC) MONTFRPPXXX The purpose of payment VISA FEE
6. If applying through mail: Please send a registered self-addressed stamped envelope.
7. Processing Time: Three (3) working days.
- Yellow fever vaccination needed for Zanzibar.
- A treatment for malaria is recommended.
Opening hours : 10:00 – 13:00 HRS / Monday to Friday.
List of countries which their nationals do not require Visa
List of Countries which their Nationals require Referral Visa
This is a Visa granted to nationals of the countries which require a special clearance and approval from the Principal Commissioner of Immigration Services prior to the issuance of Visa. (The processing of the application may take several weeks).